The Latest and Greatest in Creating Your Awesomeness!
But sometimes it can be challenging when we have work to get done and it's not going our way, and it's in those moments that having presence of mind to realize that you can't, for example "make" the internet work, and instead choose then to be grateful to (usually) have high speed internet at home, and know even when I don't get instant Western lifestyle gratification that life is good and that there's a lot to be grateful for even when the day isn't going as planned. As I promised the Awesomeness Update readers (who as I mentioned are always sharing thing they're grateful for), and as it's quite à propos, here's a glimpse into this past weekend and the life that I have to be so grateful for!
This curry has pretty Autumn colours and a spicy warm flavour to warm you up on chillier days.
1 small butternut squash
2 tbsp coconut oil for frying
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 button mushrooms, sliced
1 carrot, sliced thin
1/4 to 1/2 jar of Thai Kitchen red curry paste (as you like your spice)
1 large red chiliis or 2-3 bird eyes, minced
1/2 can of bamboo shoots
1.5 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
1 can of coconut milk
Cilantro for garnish
1. Cut squash in half, seed and rub with olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Roast at 350F for 30 mins, or until soft. Score into cubes and cut away from skin. Set aside.
2. Sautèe onions on medium low (don't let them brown) until softening and transluscent.
3. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook just until they begin to sweat. Add the curry paste breaking up and mixing/melting into vegetables for about a minmute.
4. Add the chillis sitr one more minute, then add the bamboo shoots until water has evaporated off.
5. Add the broth until it comes to a gentle simmer, then add coconut milk and squash, lower heat. heat until piping hot but not boiling.
6. Serve over brown rice, garmished with plenty of fresh cilantro. Ooooooommmmmm Nom Nom!
AWESOME EVENTS & PROGRAMS & ANNOUNCEMENTS!
The NINJA Apprentice Program
A complimentary 30-day email program to help you kickstart your Fitness, Health & Wellness. This is an excellent way to get to know CREATE and get on your way to Be Healthy. Look Fantastic. Feel Awesome!
CREATE's Turning 2!
Don't worry we won't be terrible. We'll be amazing to party with! Get ready for games, prizes, draws, and food... and this year there may be a wee bit of a dance party too!