The Latest & Greatest in Creating Your Awesomeness!
Cool Cat: Keeping it together while the weather gets icy cold and the malls get hot and stuffy!
1. PREPARE you know what's out there prepare with all the stuff you need to get through it, and the mentality you know needs to match.
2. ACCEPT You will undoubtedly come across rude people, annoying people, angry and frustrated, impatient people (this brand especially may even be your partner or children!), people who have no idea what they're doing but they're very much your way, be they lost or clueless people, stressed out and in a hurry people, and hopefully some cheerful, joyful happy, wonderful ones too! But the former may attempt to pull the cool out of you. Accept that they're what they are, you're not going to change them so change your attitude about them. Be all "I'm cool, you're not, but I'm alright." You may want to take a few minutes during your "prepare" to get in the cool cat acceptance zone.
3. GRATITUDE You are a cool cat and you just avoided mission retailiate and react. Begrateful your a cool cat, whether you avoided dirty-looking, grudgy commentary, food court emotion stuffing, or running for the door and giving up you're cool, be grateful, especially if you have the contrast of another party who's not so cool to realize how cool you're feeling.
4. BREATHE You're feeling a little warm, or like you might do something cold. Breathe. You are cool. People saying breathe sounds so cliche, but it's actually a major part of yoga, and part of the science of keeping your cool. It resets your nervous system out of fight or flight mode, so when you stop and take a few relaxed (not huffy-puffy forced) deep breaths your system knows it's all good. It stops with the adrenaline and your heart-rate slows.
5. RESET If you get in a stressed out state at all STOP, take a breather and reset your plan and attitude, not just your breath. Once you reset your system if you continue to let your mind run on negative or anxious you'll get back to uncool pretty quickly. So take a minute to reset, even if you're in a hurry: the time you'll likely save by being able to be present for the task rather than half-absorbed in negative thoughts will even out, and you'll be at ease finishing off your holiday shopping or errand.
Nobody will see your level of coolness coming. You are a holiday awesomeness ninja!
If you or someone you care about could be a cooler cat yoga, meditation, and all kinds of exercise help relieve and lower stress hormones. CREATE facilitates these programs and more! We offer complimentary consultations and Gift Certificates.
We'll also have our Holiday Survival Guide, tips I shared last year and more, coming soon so keep your eyes on your inbox for its launch. It'll be a clickable free download for you.
Share your secrets to being a holiday cool cat in the comments below, don't worry we'll tell everyone! That's a good thing, then the secret will be out and everyone can have such a better holiday experience!
Black Bean and Squash Burritos
1 small butternut squash
2 tbsp Extra Vigrin Olive Oil for frying 1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1+ tbsp ground cumin
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
3 cups cooked black beans (1 cup dry or 2 cans drained)
Salt to taste
½ cup of water on standby
Avocado Chipotle Spread
1/2 lime, juiced
Some of a small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Package of tortillas of your choice: Whole wheat, corn, sprouted grains, or make your own (done it, lots of work and practice required)
1. Cut squash in half, seed and rub with olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Roast at 350F for 30 mins, or until soft. Score into cubes and cut away from skin. Set aside.
2. Sautee onions and garlic in the olive oil on medium low until the onions begin to soften. Add cumin and jalapenos and stir cooking 1 minute.
3. Add beans, stirring occasionally until they’re warm through, mash roughly half of them lazily and imperfectly as it will make no difference! Add a little water if they start to dry out.
4. Add the squash getting it all nice and hot and work in your preferred amount of salt. Try not to squish the heck out of the squash, unless you want it that way, Iguess it doesn't matter much it's all going in tortillas.
1. Roughly mash the fruit of 2 avocados wish a fork and mix in the lime juice.
2. Finely chop a chipotle or 2 and mix into the spread along with about a tsp. of adobo sauce, add more if you like, I like more, but be careful if spicy isn't your groove. Also mix in the cilantro at this time. Sometimes I add a wee bit of salt or sugar to balance out the flavour if the lime is more tart or sweet than expected, but just a wee bit, not required.
1. lay out a tortilla
2. Scoop of filler
3. Shmear of spread
4. wrap it up, folding up the bottom, unless you want to wear it on your lap.
5. OOOOOOMMMMMMMMM Nom Nom!
AWESOME EVENTS & PROGRAMS
The tips I shared last year and more, are coming soon in one downloadable e-book, so keep your eyes on your inbox for its launch. It'll be a clickable free download for you!
And the twos aren't terrible at all!
We're having a celebration with several complimentary classes ( however if you'd like to make a donation proceeds go to Nellie's Shelter)and a PAAAAARRTY! In the evening we'll be having an all out blast! Tasty, healthy snacks for all (we might even share the recipes) and we'll be giving away some excellent prizes, raising funds for our causes, and Spark & Thistle will be returning with her (Huff Post, FLARE, BlogTO, and Indie 88 featured) jewelry. Please RSVP here or call 416.994.6267 so that we can plan this party for maximum fun!
Once you have The Solution you don't need the "re"solution!
Join us Wednesday December 30th at 6:30pm to clearly define and make a plan for solutions this New Year. If you're tired of being stuck with the same old plans year in and year out and have real goals you want to achieve join us for the solution.
$60 + tax
Spaces are limited
Click to Register Now
or call 416.994.6267
We have Gift Certificates available
For anything from a single Thai Massage to a Year of Personal Training, surely your special someone would love to find some health and wellness this year!
The Class Schedule for The New Year will be in the next issue of The NINJA PLUS “I Don’t Bend That Way!” Yoga for Beginners (& the Previously Intimidated) will Returns in 2016! Our yoga is always a safe space for beginners, BUT if you're seeking a class that's nothing but newbies just like you, this is your space!
Call 416.994.6267 or fill out an Online Form to pre-register at the early-bird price and save $80!
CREATE will be closed December 19th through January 3rd, excepting the 29th and 30th of December to ensure you stay on track, we'll also be offering The Solution on the eve of the 30th at 6:30pm